New Year, New Alarm System
Why You Should You Make the Investment in Alarm Monitoring
With the dawn of a new year now upon us, it is an excellent time to re-evaluate your home security needs, which might potentially necessitate buying a new alarm system. Criminals are always at work looking for suitable targets to seize upon. But homes equipped with security systems—complete with alarms, surveillance cameras and motion detection sensors—are less desirable targets than unprotected homes. Read on for a look at why you should consider buying a new alarm system to safeguard your property, family and peace of mind.
Imagine the effectiveness of the following sign at your front door when a would-be intruder reads it:
WARNING: This house is protected by a remote monitoring service; if you break in while the homeowner is away, he’ll be instantly alerted and the police will be automatically dispatched.
And if you break in while he’s home, well heck, you’re still screwed.
What exactly is a remote monitoring service?
- It’s always ready for an intruder, 24/7, every single day.
- A comprehensive service will also detect smoke, water heater problems and other issues like a carbon monoxide leak.
- You will have a “safe” word that only you (and other trusted people) know.
- If the alarm is tripped and the monitoring service can’t get the safe word from whomever answers the phone, or there is no answer, police will be on their way.
- An advanced system will also allow you to remotely revise settings on your customer account.
- Another feature of a high tech system is that it allows you to set silent alarms, so that the “intruder” won’t know they tripped the sensor, but you will get an alert to your phone indicating this. This feature is great for people who suspect a family member is snooping around where they shouldn’t.
- Joe Thug kicks down your back door (you kept putting off getting a top-flight strike plate).
- The alarm is triggered.
- This alerts the monitoring center.
- They call you.
- But you can’t answer because you’re not there.
- The intruder answers, intending to convince the company that it was a false alarm. Instead he’s asked for the secret word. Startled, he hangs up and flees.
- The police are dispatched.
- After the dispatch, your secondary phone numbers are called (family, friends, etc.).
- This same technology has a panic button for fire, police and EMT. Once pressed, help is on the way.
What about the home alarm system?
Making the investment in a new alarm system will help you protect your homes assets. Any downtime in the aftermath of a break-in could cost you, so it makes sense to consider a new alarm system for protection. With alarms to scare off criminals, surveillance cameras to provide a way to identify thieves, and motion detection sensors to notify you of unauthorized access to your facility, you can fortify your homes assets.
A new alarm system will help you to ensure a safe environment for your family. From technology to control who comes and goes, to surveillance cameras that allow parents to safely monitor the goings on in and around the home, a new alarm system can give your family piece of mind.
Another reason you might want to seriously consider buying a new alarm system is the option of home automation. Home automation is an option that allows you to use a mobile app on your phone, tablet or other mobile device to remotely interact with your home alarm system. So, you can check in via the app to view any compatible surveillance cameras installed in your home, activate or deactivate the system, and more. This extra level of interactivity and convenience will give you more control over how your security system works.
Reduce Insurance Costs
Depending on your insurance provider, you may be able to save some money if you have a new alarm system installed. Insurers understand that security systems deter crime and safeguard property, and that’s why they’re willing to give you a break on your monthly premiums if you properly protect your home.
So should you make this investment? How worth it is your home, family and peace of mind? Invaluable. Call a BSG expert today to get started 855-MYSMARTHOME.