Celebrate a Safe July 4th With These Tips!
Independence Day is the perfect time to celebrate our freedom with our friends and family. As you make plans to celebrate the holiday, we at BSG want you to have a fun, memorable, and safe day. You can make it happen by following our hand July 4th safety tips here!
Fireworks Safety – No 4th of July celebration is complete without fireworks! Unfortunately, many accidents can occur when fireworks are in the picture. As you sit back and enjoy watching fireworks with your family and friends or set them off yourself, keep these important rules in mind:
- Never allow children to ignite or play with fireworks.
- An adult should be supervising firework activity at all times.
- Don’t pick up or re-ignite a firework that did not ignite properly or fully.
- As fun as it might seem, refrain from lighting multiple fireworks at once. Light them one at a time instead. Once it is lit, you should move away from the firework immediately.
- Always keep a garden hose or a bucket of water nearby in case of a malfunction or fire.
Child Safety – Whether you’re attending a July 4th celebration or enjoying fireworks with your children, it’s essential to remember these child safety tips:
- Families should consider wearing unique, identifiable colors. Other options are to hold hands at all times or to buddy up with other family members.
- Determine a time and place for your family to meet if you should get separated from one another.
- Remind your child to find a police officer if they get lost in the crowd.
Water Safety – Many people head out to a lake or the beach to celebrate the 4th of July. If you plan on heading out to a nearby lake, remember to keep a few of these important rules in mind to keep yourself, your family, your friends, and others around you safe:
- Make sure that everyone always wears a life jacket when in the water or on a motorized water vehicle such as a boat or jet ski.
- Never let your children swim alone. An adult should always be present and paying attention.
- Never dive into shallow water. Always step in feet first.
- Always keep a phone handy in case of emergency.
Sun Safety – Nothing beats soaking up the summer sun on July 4th. Before you head out, make sure you protect yourself from sunburns with these tips:
- Limit your sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. as much as possible.
- Wear sunscreen with 15 SPF or higher, and reapply it often.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
By following these handy tips, you’re sure to have an enjoyable and memorable Independence Day that you will remember for years to come. nLiberate your worries about the things that matter the most to you by trusting BSG! Call us at (855) 697-6278 to find out more ways to keep your family safe.